The NG’s are a series of multi-purpose jack-ups. These units undertake transit and positioning offshore without tug assistance. The four legs and diagonal preloading capability allow for easy, fast and secure jacking and pre-loading operations.
The NG-5500X-LD is intended for use in water depths of up to 80 m in a moderate environment as well as harsh offshore environment water depths of 50 m. The unit is equipped with a well balanced DP2 maneuvering capability and a VFD driven jacking system providing a controlled ramp-up / ramp-down, speed & torque control, for frequent, fast and secure jacking operations and with high redundancy.
The NG-5500X-LD truly bridges the gap between the successful shallow to midwater service units and the full-fledged drilling rigs. This light drilling rig will ensure high utilization as it can serve a variety of brown field needs.
- Safe, solid and stable platform
- Transit and positioning without tug assistance
- Easy and fast installation onsite by diagonal pre-loading
- Large free deck space
- Modern accommodation layout
- VFD controlled Rack & Pinion jacking system
- Fast , secure and controlled Jacking and Preloading
- High number of jacking moves
- Built-in redundancy
- The NG series can be fully customized to owner’s specific requirements
- Water depth: 50 - 80 m
- Deck size: 87.5 x 42.0 m
- Variable load oper.: max. 2,750 t
- Cantilever reach: 18.3 x 7.9 m
- Derrick: 550 kips
Get in touch